Safe Child Thailand is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy provides an explanation of all situations in which we will collect personal data from you and what your personal data will be used for. Please read the following policy carefully to understand how we respect your privacy. For additional information on how we process personal details and our approach to data protection, please refer to our Data Protection Policy and Safeguarding Policy.
For the purpose of the relevant legislation, the data controller is Safe Child Thailand, 72 Venn Street, London SW4 0AT.
1. Information we may collect from you
Safe Child Thailand may collect information from you in the following ways:
- Online forms on our website / third party donation portals
- Personal contact via mail
- Email and/or phone
- Responses to our newsletters, appeals and mailings
- Third-parties acting on behalf of Safe Child Thailand
Safe Child Thailand may collect the following personal data from you via the means listed below:
- Bank, credit-card and financial details (i.e. tax-payer status)
- Personal data provided by you for administrative purposes (i.e. names, marital status, PPS numbers for Irish donors, tax information (for Gift Aid and Irish Tax Relief for charities) etc.)
- Contact details provided through our contact forms or otherwise (i.e. addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers etc.)
- Photographs taken at official functions such as fundraisers in the UK and around the world
Some or all of this personal data is required for Safe Child Thailand to be able to carry out the requested services, products and/or information. All required fields will be denoted by an asterisk (*) on relevant forms.
2. Where we store your personal data
Personal data is kept in the following forms:
- Electronically on the Safe Child Thailand database and server
- Print files if required by law or where appropriate
3. How we use your information
We use the personal information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, services, and/or products that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, if we have gotten your consent to do so.
- To administer your donation and support your fundraising.
- To notify you about cases of incomplete transactions or changes to our service.
- To get feedback from you on how we can improve our information, services and/or products.
4. Direct Marketing
Safe Child Thailand will contact you with direct marketing only if we have received your explicit consent for us to contact you. Furthermore, we will only contact you by the methods you specified.
Safe Child Thailand will never disclose any of your personal information to third parties to use the data for their own purposes.
If at any point you wish to stop receiving marketing information from us you can send us a letter to CEO, Safe Child Thailand, 72 Venn Street, London SW4 0AT, United Kingdom, give us a call at +44 (0)20 7602 6203, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact Us form on our website.
5. IP addresses and cookies
Our website may occasionally contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the content of such websites and recommend you read their privacy policies when accessing their sites.
6. Disclosure of your information
Safe Child Thailand will never disclose any of your personal information to third parties to use the data for their own purposes. Personal data only be shared with third parties if necessary to fulfil requirements of Safe Child Thailand’s work. Such third party exceptions may include:
- Web designers
- Donation processing companies
- Mailing houses
- Graphic designers
- Public Relations consultants
- Project administrators in Thailand (sponsorship programme only)
- Relevant government offices
If at any point you wish to stop having your data shared with specific third parties you can send us a letter to CEO, Safe Child Thailand, 72 Venn Street, London SW4 0AT, United Kingdom, give us a call on +44 (0)20 7602 6203, send us an email at email@example.com or use the Contact Us form on our website. However, please note that this may impact our ability to provide you with the requested services, products and/or information.
7. Access to information and correction
You have a right to access personal information held about you and we will endeavour to assist you within a reasonable time period of making your request.
In order to do so, the following information will be required before access to Safe Child Thailand data is granted:
- Full name and contact details of the person making the request
- Requester’s relationship with Safe Child Thailand
- Time period in which relationship occurred
- Signed letter of consent from a third-party to access a donors’ data (where relevant)
- Signed third party data protection and confidentiality agreement (where relevant)
We may also require proof of identity before access is granted. Two of the following forms of ID will be required:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s license
- Bill or bank statement
All requests for personal data should be addressed to or passed on to the Data Protection Officer, who will be responsible for processing the request. Our current Data Protection Officer’s details are set out in our Data Protection Policy.
If you find that any of the information Safe Child Thailand holds about you is incorrect or inconsistent, you may ask us to correct or remove the information. The information will be updated or removed within 30 days of the Data Protection Officer receiving the request. We may require proof of identity and evidence of the requested change before carrying out any amendments.
If Safe Child Thailand fails to respond to your request or you feel that your personal details have been used incorrectly by Safe Child Thailand, you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the Fundraising Regulator and Charity Commission.