Safe Child Thailand has a history of working closely with incredibly skilled NGOs with strong links to government who are working in the field of alternative care in Thailand.
With your support our goal is to empower and champion these local change-makers and equip our partners with the tools they need to affect lasting change. Offering financial support, training for partners to refine skills and networking opportunities to share experiences and help amplify their voice and impact.
Through these partnerships with coalitions and networks, SCT works with the Royal Thai Government to encourage policies that better support children and their families.
The Alternative Care Working Group
This group of, mostly local, organisations was brought together to drive reform of the care system in Thailand by strengthening the system at every level.
Capitalising on current momentum and government engagement, SCT is facilitating the group to run strategic planning workshops to define their strategy and develop work plans for the coming years.
This will allow the group to act upon opportunities to drive change in the behaviour of professionals and structures to sustain a strengthened model of alternative care for children.
To create a Thailand
- which protects children from abuse and exploitation
- which prioritises families and communities and helps them care for children safely at home
- with robust social welfare services and inclusive childcare choices
- where all children enjoy access to equal rights and opportunities and
- ensures children in care are loved, safe and can thrive
* The Alternative Care Working (Thematic) Group (ACWG) is one of six thematic working groups under the Convention on the Rights of the Child Coalition (CRCC) for Thailand.